Star of the Show Ingredient: Bananas
Bananas have been a much maligned fruit of recent as they are one of the higher sugar fruits. What we tend not to focus on is that they are in fact a great source of fibre, potassium, vitamin B6 and vitamin C. This combo of eggs and banana will keep you feeling fuller for longer and help to stabilise blood sugars avoiding the insulin spikes
Serves 2 (makes 8 small pancakes)
Pinch of baking powder
1. Whisk the eggs in a bowl and set aside.
2. Mash the banana (or whizz in a blender if you like a smoother consistency.
3. Combine egg, banana, and baking powder in a bowl and mix well.
4. Heat a frying pan for a couple of minutes until hot, grease with coconut oil. Using a ladle pour approx 2 tblsp (1/4 cup) onto the frying pan.
5. Cook for about 1 minute until sides are crispy and then flip and cook for the same amount of time again
Serve with yogurt and fruit or a drizzle of maple syrup