Star of the Show: Sweet Potatoes
Did you know that a sweet potato has a whopping 90% RDA of vitamin A which is crucial for a healthy immune system.
Ingredients (Serves 4 as a side)
For the dip:
1.Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Wash the sweet potatoes. Om a chopping board but in half and then slice. For best results and really crispy chips , try and cut as thin as possible.
3. Once cut, pat dry with a paper towel.
4. In a bowl, separate the eggs so you are just left with the whites. Reserve the yolks for a later date. Add the sweet potatoes and cover well with the egg white mixture.
5. In a separate bowl add the flour, garlic powder, smoked paprika and season to taste. Add the fries and coat evenly
6. Line 2 trays with greaseproof paper (this makes the fries extra crispy and stop them sticking to the tray. Place the fries on the paper making sure that the tray is not crowded.
7. Bake in the oven for about 25-30 mins until crispy and brown.
8. While the fries are cooking, place the dip ingredients in a blender and whizz together.