Star of the Show: Sweet Potato
These store cupboard staples are rich in vitamins A, C and B6 and are a great slow releasing carbohydrate which helps keep our blood sugars balanced.
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
2 medium sized sweet potatoes, scrubbed & cleaned
3/4 cup frozen sweetcorn
2 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
4 spring onions, finely chopped
1/3 cup Greek Yogurt
200gms black beans, drained & rinsed
2 handfuls of coriander, chopped
1 avocado, chopped
4 walnuts, broken into small pieces
4 sun dried tomatoes, rinsed & drained and chopped
2-4 radishes, finely sliced
Sprinkle of feta (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180C
2. Prick the potatoes with a fork and place on a baking tray.
3. Cook for approximately 50 minutes until the skin is crispy and the potatoes are cooked through
4. Cut the potatoes lengthways and scoop out the flesh
5. Mix the black beans, coriander, spring onions, sweetcorn and yogurt together with the mashed sweet potato and then scoop into the skins
6. Place back in the oven for 5-10 minutes to cook through
7. Serve with avocado, chopped walnuts and sun dried tomatoes and a large salad and a sprinkle of feta cheese.
TNT Notes: To save time you can cook the sweet potatoes in the microwave for 4 minutes on high power.