Star of the Show: Blueberry
These gluten free mousses are super easy to make and packed with goodness from the blueberries. Blueberries aren't called a superfood for nothing - thanks to the anthocyanins which gives them their colour they have one of the highest antioxidant values of any fruit or veg and are full of Vitamin C.
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
For the blueberry compote
1. Soak the nuts for a minimum of 2 hours or longer. Drain and rinse.
2. Add the nuts, milk, maple syrup, lemon juice ,lemon zest and vanilla to a high speed blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
3. Put the blueberries and maple syrup in a saucepan on a medium heat. Bring to a boil and then allow them to bubble on a low heat for about 8-10 minutes until they have cooked down.
4. Allow the blueberries to cool down.
5. To assemble layer your mousse mixture in 4 small bowls and swirl the blueberry compote through.
6. Place in the fridge to set for a couple of hours.
TNT Notes: swop the blueberries for blackberries if you pref